CLASS TYPE: Advanced
AGE: 5 – 10 yrs.
CLASS SIZE: 4
PLAN OPTIONS: 1 or 2 classes per week
Children who have completed our Liquid Bubbles® 2 course and can independently swim the full length of a 25 yard pool with sustainable underwater arm movements and proper air exchange are ready for Liquid Bubbles® 3. We believe the best way for a child to prepare for a lifetime of swimming proficiency is to introduce CONTROLLED MOVEMENTS from the start. Based on the Liquid Lifestyles® principles of safety and stroke efficiency, this class takes a fun and disciplined approach to introduce controlled and propulsive above-water arm movements, instill proper breathing habits and promote effective balance techniques. Fundamental safety swims, increased underwater skill development and foundational drill progressions will set the stage for effective, life-long swimming enjoyment.
- Independent retrieval of dive toys 36” deep from wall push and return to wall
- Can swim full length of the pool (25 yards) without rest using sustainable breathing techniques
- Displays functional kick on the stomach and back with good balance and alignment
- Can tread water for :15 seconds (ears above the surface)
PRIMARY FOCUS: CONTROLLED MOVEMENT
- Increase breath control and underwater swimming confidence with various retrieval games and underwater exercises
- Improve kicking propulsion and efficiency in various aquatic positions
- Basic long-axis stroke development (freestyle and backstroke) with introduction to above-water recoveries and breathing techniques:
- Catch-Up Freestyle with proper alignment, compact kicks and rollover breaths
- Pop & Push Backstroke with consistent arm timing and balance
- Refine Elementary Backstroke arms and introduce Breaststroke kick (front and back)
- Pass the Liquid Bubbles® Safety Test
- Basic stroke proficiencies: 50 yards continuous swim (one length each of Freestyle & Backstroke)
- Demonstrate strong underwater swimming skills: 25 yards underwater swimming with maximum of 5 surface breaths
- Proficient kicking: One length each of Freestyle, Backstroke and Breaststroke kick.
- Deep Water Test: Wall jump followed by 1 minute of treading water followed by surface dive to object minimum 5 feet deep (no goggles)
Recurring Monthly Enrollment / Group Class Policies
1 x week: $82/month
2 x week: $139/month
PRIVATE LESSON OPTION
If our posted group class schedule doesn't work for you, you can always BOOK A PRIVATE LESSON and get started right away with a coach, location and time that is right for you.