CLASS TYPE: Intermediate
AGE: 5 – 10 yrs.
CLASS SIZE: 4
PLAN OPTIONS: 1 or 2 classes per week
Children who have completed our Liquid Bubbles® 2 course and can independently swim the full length of a 25 yard pool with controlled movements and proper air exchange are ready for Liquid Bubbles® 3. We believe the best way for a child to prepare for a lifetime of swimming enjoyment is to introduce CONTROLLED MOVEMENTS from the start. Based on the Liquid Lifestyles® principles of safety and stroke efficiency, this class reinforces proper breathing habits while promoting effective balance and controlled propulsion during every exercise. Fundamental safety swims, increased underwater skill development and foundational drill progressions will set the stage for effective, life-long swimming proficiency.
- Independent retrieval of dive toys 36” deep from wall push and return to wall
- Can swim full length of the pool (25 yards) without rest using sustainable breathing techniques
- Displays functional kick on the stomach and back with good balance and alignment
- Can tread water for :15 seconds (ears above the surface)
PRIMARY FOCUS: CONTROLLED MOVEMENT
- Improve breath control and underwater swimming confidence with various retrieval games and exercises
- Improve kicking propulsion and efficiency in various aquatic positions
- Basic long-axis stroke development (freestyle and backstroke) with introduction to above-water recoveries and breathing techniques
- Refine Elementary Backstroke arms and introduce Breaststroke kick
- Deep water exercises and Treading