CLASS TYPE: Intermediate
AGE: 2.5 – 10 yrs.
CLASS SIZE: 4
PLAN OPTIONS: 1 or 2 classes per week
If your child loves the water, comfortably floats on their back and can swim short distances with their face in the water, then consider our Liquid Bubbles® 2 class. Using targeted exercises that develop foundational swimming skills your child will learn to work WITH water’s natural forces to experience INDEPENDENCE and gain confidence in a variety of key swimming and safety positions. Curriculum emphasis is placed on improving breath management and underwater swimming skills, developing effective propulsion and balancing techniques and encouraging proper air exchange during the “rollover” and “pop-up” exercises.
* PLEASE NOTE: Liquid Bubbles® 2 is divided into two separate classes by age: 2.5 – 4 yrs. and 5 – 10 yrs.
- Demonstrates breath control and can retrieve dive toys 36” deep with assistance
- Can comfortably back float for 10 seconds unassisted
- Can independently jump into the water (submerge) and swim back to the wall
- Practices safe entry and exit techniques
PRIMARY FOCUS: INDEPENDENCE
- Improve breath management skills and develop rhythmic air exchange with introduction of NOSE BUBBLES!
- Learn independent and sustainable swimming techniques for ONE FULL LENGTH of:
- "Bubble Roll-Ups" (using both “pop-up” and rollover breaths)
- Elementary Backstroke (underwater arm movements only)
- Develop functional flutter kicks, proper balance and alignment (front and back) to prepare for future stroke development
- Independent retrieval of dive toys 36” deep from surface dive with nose bubbles and return swim to wall
- Introduction of treading water and reinforcement of pool safety rule
Recurring Monthly Enrollment / Group Class Policies
1 x week: $82/month
2 x week: $139/month
2- Week Summer Camp / Group Class Policies
PRIVATE LESSON OPTION
If our posted group class schedule doesn't work for you, you can always BOOK A PRIVATE LESSON and get started right away with a coach, location and time that is right for you.