CLASS TYPE: Advanced / Pre-Competitive
AGE: 6 – 10 yrs.
CLASS SIZE: 4
PLAN OPTIONS: 1 or 2 classes per week
If you child is just shy of growing gills and already demonstrates basic stroke proficiencies and breath control then our Liquid Bubbles® 4 class is the perfect fit! With a greater emphasis on TECHNIQUE, this level prepares young swimmers for a swim team environment while instilling lifelong safety and swimming efficiency. Waterproof headsets are available for the coach to provide continuous feedback and real-time stroke corrections to each swimmer during every activity. Sequences learned in this class set the foundation for developing all 4 competitive strokes (Butterfly, Backstroke, Breaststroke and Freestyle). Technical skills are reinforced through continual repetition and safety check-ups are performed regularly.
- Comfortable in deep water and can tread :30 seconds
- Demonstrates controlled movements and basic stroke proficiencies in Freestyle, Backstroke and Breaststroke
- Ready to develop technical awareness in all 4 competitive stroke
PRIMARY FOCUS: TECHNIQUE AWARENESS
- Long-axis Freestyle & Backstroke basics
- Short-axis Breaststroke & Butterfly basics
- Introduction to flip turns and kneeling dives
- Liquid Bubbles® safety test:
- 200 yards continuous swim with basic stroke proficiencies (any stroke)
- 25 yards underwater swimming with maximum of 5 surface breaths
- 2 minutes of deep water treading followed by surface dive to object (no goggles)