CLASS TYPE: Fitness Swimmers & Triathletes
CLASS SIZE: 4
DURATION: 1-hour per week / 5 weeks
Swimmers who have advanced through our Freestyle Fundamentals class and are interested in learning how to effectively integrate rhythm, speed and endurance into their training. This 5-week class will prepare you for greater success in our Liquid N' Durance Masters program, competitive swim events and triathlon of any distance.
- Has completed FREESTYLE FUNDAMENTALS curriculum
- Can swim 500 yards continuously (Freestyle)
- Comfortable in deep water
- Interested in improving FREESTYLE speed
PRIMARY FOCUS: SPEED, POWER & METRICS
- Effectively integrate rhythmic propulsion, speed and endurance without compromising form and efficiency
- Skill refinement and advanced drill progressions related to rotation, lead arm drive, catch and breathing mechanics
- Learn functional dynamics and timing of the 2-beat & 6-beat kick
- Improved pacing: swim walk, swim jog, swim run & swim sprint
- Introduction to Swimming Metrics: Tempo, Strokes per Length, Distance Per Stroke
- Lactate Threshold Test Set
- Integrated training tools
- Heightened body awareness and self-critique
* Please register early. Great classes get cancelled because of late registration. If enrollment is not at our established minimum we will cancel the class.
5-Week Course / Group Class Policies
PRIVATE LESSON OPTION
If our posted group class schedule doesn't work for you, you can always BOOK A PRIVATE LESSON and get started right away with a coach, location and time that is right for you.