Lake Medina is a beautiful inland lake nestled between Route 18 to the south and Granger Road to the north, just west of Interstate 71. Lake Medina is operated under the Medina County Park District and allows for open-water swim activities under the following conditions:
- OPEN WATER SWIM PERMIT - Permits are REQUIRED in order to participate and can be obtained for FREE by registering on the ImAthlete page HERE. All registered swimmers will receive an identification card that must be kept with them at all times.
- OFFICIAL LAKE MEDINA SWIM CAP - During the registration process swimmers must purchase an official swim cap ($10) that must be worn during any swim activity (including private and group lessons).
- WETSUIT - The permit at this particular site requires that ALL swimmers wear a wetsuit - no exceptions.
- Swimming is permitted Monday-Friday ONLY and conducted on the west side of the lake.
LOCATION: Lake Medina (map)
* Follow GPS to: 3798 Granger Rd. Medina, Ohio (it is a gravel drive - not well marked). Follow the gravel trail leading out of the parking lot. The meeting spot is at the pump house (small building), approx. 5 minute walk. Walking shoes are recommended.
PLEASE NOTE: Weather and water conditions are always a consideration when swimming open water. Lessons may need to be cancelled or rescheduled last minute due to inclement weather. It is under the sole discretion of the Liquid Lifestyles Coach to determine whether a session will be conducted.
Follow the OWS LAKE MEDINA Facebook Page for additional swimming opportunities at this location.